Thursday, October 6, 2011

Breaking Boundaries



I think I was meant to learn how to create a picture frame inside of a picture and make it look like something was "flying out of bounds" into space.  Considering how many layers I ended up creating I thought it worked very well and that I have a good understanding of this concept. (I ended up not using the like 16 or so extra layers I made.)  Like I said last time the repetition of the use of tools definitely helped me grasp how to create my final image better or easier.

My picture turned out exactly how I thought it would, I really liked how the final image came out.  When I made frames around the rest of our bodies however, it did not come out how I thought it might.  I was really excited at first but then it just looked too busy to me, and I wish I had more interesting ideas for frame shapes, maybe then I would have liked it more.

If I were to try this again (which if I have time I'm sure I will), I would add our heads into the full image instead of having them inside a separate frame, the space where our necks should be just isn't abstract enough and it looks a little strange.  I think the disconnected heads would look better if I had kept the rest of the frames going down our bodies.

I would rate my own creativity pretty high on this project because I thought I had a really good idea and added some own personal touches outside of the tutorial.  Not to mention I had about 30 other ideas for the project that I wanted to do and I even tried one out (the spearfishing guy) before I did my final project.

I would rate this project at a 9 because I thought it was really fun and interesting, and it's super neat to see the final outcome.  It is also very tedious, but it goes pretty quickly and I'm definitely excited to maybe try some more of my other ideas when I get the chance.  

1 comment:

  1. boy, yeah, you had quite a few good ideas on this one! and the one you chose came out very well, i'm glad to say. now, you and your boyfriend are true "star-crossed" lovers.

    it was great to see you try out so many different options and to take the time to experiment within the image to make sure it came out as well as possible. i think all the work and trail and error paid off quite well.

    great job.

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete