Friday, September 30, 2011





While doing this project on my own I didn't expect it to be so hard to focus the light away from the center.   I couldn't figure out why there was so much concentrated light and I found it hard to spread out.  I thought I did a better job on my Purple image of creating a visible pattern rather than a blob of crazy trails of light (which was still really cool looking).

Nothing took longer than I thought it would, it was pretty simple and I didn't have to rely on the tutorial as much which I enjoyed. I even made an extra one before class just to mess around with extra settings to see what I could come up with. 

I'm most proud of the blue image with the pink (which is the same image as the green background), I really liked how the colors turned out and how the lights look like trails or streaks, I used a different setting, ink outlines I think, which made it look really interesting.  

I would rate this project at an 8 because it's super quick and you could do it a million times with different results.  You can play around with all the different settings without anything getting messed up.  My favorite part was seeing the different effects I could add.

I think the class is going a little bit better, I'm learning the keys and tools better, and the repetition is helping me to find things easier.  I'm starting to be able to use my general knowledge to find tools that will help me if I get stuck or I need to perform a certain task without having to solely rely on the tutorial or instructor. :)

1 comment:

  1. wow! i think the second one with the blue and pink is my favorite! i love that little swoop on the right.

    so glad to hear you're feeling more comfortable in the class. photoshop is a great program, but it can do so many things that it ends up being overwhelming. you seem to have a good handle on it, though. and so far, all your work has been stellar (particularly this assignment, which literally looks like stars!)

    i'm looking forward to your hand-holding one!

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete