Tuesday, September 27, 2011

EleDog


During this unit I think I was meant to learn about Photoshop and begin to be able to navigate the site.  I'm supposed to have learned how to morph one creature into another and I believe the tutorial was very helpful and I did accomplish what I was supposed to.

There were some unexpected hangups when I began my first idea to combine an egret and a giraffe, I couldn't get the spots from the giraffe to fade into the white feathers.  I also couldn't change the color of the giraffe to white as easily as I thought I could and I ended up having to try different animals. 

If I were to do this project again I would take more time to think about the animals I wanted to use in order to create a better, more creative, and neater looking final project.  I thought I did a good job but it I felt it was a little too simple and I could have put more effort into it overall. 

I would rate my own creativity on this project kind of low because I didn't do as well as I thought I could of in terms of coming up with interesting animals to use.  I had Ms. Banks' help finding certain animals when my first project didn't come out right, but I wish I had been able to come up with a better idea on my own.  I appreciated your help!

This class is going a little slow for me right now but I am excited to become more comfortable with the tools and the materials and design some really great things! I'm definitely ready to move on and start more interesting projects.

1 comment:

  1. cool. yeah, i'm sorry for the frustrating start. i know that can be doubly frustrating when there are unexpected problems on the very first unit because you don't know if it's going to be the norm, but i'm expecting that it won't be.

    i can see you have a good eye and good ideas. even the egret thing didn't work out, it was an excellent idea -- it just needed more different techniques than the ones presented in the tutorial. and white can be tricky, unfortunately when it comes to hue adjustments, as you well know.

    great job on noticing that shadow issue. your shadow fix, by the way, is perfect as far as color and rock texture underneath. the color shift is excellent, and the morph is overall quite believable (as much as an "eledog" can be believable.)

    you're off to a great start. and your project came out very well!

    GRADING
    Creativity: 100
    Artistry: 100
    Effort: 100
    Mastery of Unit Goals: 100
    Followed Directions: 100

    Unit AVG: 100

    ReplyDelete